The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1101 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/17/09
I really liked her too! Not quite there myself in all aspects but its a beautiful goal!
You turn a lovely phrase and include some great details and express your MC's thoughts very very well. She was completely believable. Good job!
I feel like I've found myself here! Thank you for putting "our" certain age into such great words and phrasings.
09/21/09
So much I could relate to here. Age is a state of mind and there are certain privileges we grant ourselves because of it. Good job.
09/22/09
I really like this one, it gets my vote, not only for content but you did a good job writing it too.
09/24/09
Congrats on your 2nd place win! You really wrote a fun story that speaks directly to women, especially those of us getting to be that certain age. LOVED it!!
09/25/09
I'm evolving into the woman you wrote of... but not quite there... i enjoyed your story very much. It was well written, and your second place win well deserved. Congratulations.
09/26/09
Great piece Linda and deserving of a high ranking. You captured some thoughts of this man of a certain age also. One thing I might share with you is that when I get up in the morning and take that first look in the mirror,I'm so glad wrinkles don't hurt.
09/29/09
I long for the day when I finally "arrive". Beautifully done.
Allen, I feel a companion story from a man's perspective might be in order here! Love the observation on wrinkles, although, as I am currently emerging into the category of "the aging woman", I have to tell you, they are a bit painful...to the ego. I was recently told by a former High School teacher of mine that I would soon emerge into "a woman of a certain age" and they would not matter nearly so much.....hence the birth of this story. Thank you to each of you for your positive responses and enjoying the story. I certainly enjoyed writing it.