The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1155 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/24/09
Having never had a dad, I had mixed feelings as I read this. How wonderful to have such good memories of your dad. You made him come alive. I could just see him, in his plaid shirt.
04/24/09
I love this tribute to your "Dad in Plaid." I even liked the picture of that deer hanging there, because it reminds me of the first time I ran into one--while babysitting for a new friend whose husband sounds a lot like your dad. I knew he hunted...but NOT that his patio was frequently "accessorized"! Like your dad, he is a father of 4 who had his priorities straight...and he loves his girls--though blessing 4 was a boy. :-) How wonderful that you have such tender memories of him. Loved the detail about your more charming "Durante" nose. Well done!
Love the "voice" of the piece and the wonderful memories shared.
04/24/09
Good job! Your story painted a picture in my mind of your dad walking through the woods looking for dinner.
04/25/09
Very good! Your Dad in plaid sounds great.
04/28/09
Great title that fit your piece perfectly! Also, it was "cool" that his surname was "Hunter" and he loved so to hunt! :) Very heartfelt reminiscences of this wonderful dad!
I enjoyed the memories and the MC's voice. You can feel the love between dad and daughter.
04/28/09
Wonderful voice, great title, very entertaining read.