The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1408 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What a strong testimony and right on point! Everyone who has ever left home for summer camp or for extended visits with relatives or later to school or college can relate to this need to let go, to "bloom where you are planted" and concentrate on what is before you. This is a lovely entry and I know it will bless all those who read it. Kudos!
The analogy that the minister used and you showed with your example is very apt. I loved reading how you chose to "unpack your suitcase."
Is this true? It reads like it could be. I like how you wove the child's feelings into the first paragraphs. I think I would have preferred the scripture be listed at the end rather than in the body of the piece. It interrupts the flow a bit. It doesn't detract from the bold statement this makes, though. Nicely done.
Great inspirational message and I enjoyed the writing voice of the piece. Excellent!
08/06/08
The call to discipleship requires our full concentration and our hearts. You have conveyed the message of Luke 9:59-62 on true discipleship very well. Thank you for sharing this valuable lesson.
08/07/08
Wonderful testimony and a great reminder that living is for today!
Very nice Helen, and a good lesson for us all.I also really enjoyed knowing a little bit more about you my friend. God Bless. Elizabeth.
08/14/09
Oh, so true, we all have some suitcases that need to be unpacked. This is a great lesson.
Lisa