The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1327 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/08/08
Poor Reggie! What a day he's having. This was a fun read. Love the dialogue:) Great writing! Would be good to hear "the rest of the story." Hate to think that Reggie has to live this out forever. Let him redeem himself in a future story, okay?! LOL!
Laury
How cute! I'm curious too- what happens next? Fun story.
Okay, ya got me. That was fun, but I, too, want to know what happens to Regina now.
02/09/08
Excellent job on the dialog, and the characterization was also wonderful. I'd also love to see "Dumb Girls II, the sequel". ;)
Engaging story...I want more!
Great job all around.
"Yer a girl"???
Well, I never saw THAT coming!!
I loved the dialogue. This was well written. I want to know what happens next.
02/10/08
Never saw the ending coming...good job! The only red ink I have is that it's hard for me to read a story that tries to phonetically mimic accents. One or two words to give a hint is okay, but more than that and my reading slows. I guess I know what the words should be, and when they're not, it stalls my momentum in reading the story. Other than that, I loved this!
Excellent! I love those unexpected endings.
02/10/08
Very clever, and I definitely didn't see the twist coming! I loved the dialect, too.

My only problem would be with the pronoun "he" used throughout; it's as if you're not quite playing fair with the readers. Not sure how you can get around it, though.

I love the charm and rural flavor of this, and Reggie's a super character.
Charming. Love the dialect. The last few lines made me chuckle out loud.
02/10/08
Can't think of anything to ink except that I got a little turned around when (s)he ran away from the raised voices and then wondered what Lizzie said. I was trying to relate the two in my mind and something wasn't adding up. Of course the ending put it all into perspective - so this is just a minor thing.

Wow. You are the queen of twist endings this week. So good - that I had to go back and see all the clues you left us. Bravo.
Wow! What a surprise ending. Very cute story. I had to go back and read it again after the twist to see how it changed my perspective. Nice job!
WOW! What a great surprise ending. You got me, and I loved this story. I want more!
02/11/08
Oh, you got me! I never guessed his/her secret. Very cute and, like the others, I'd like to read more of "her" adventures.
02/11/08
Your writing is very good on this. I love reading period pieces and thoroughly enjoyed this! Your twist was great.
I liked the pace and setting of this piece and the suprise at the end, was just that a total suprise, tieing it nicely into the theme this week.
Wonderful! This read like the words flowed perfectly. Keep up the good words.
02/12/08
This is written very well -- and I, too, would like the rest of the story.

The dialogue was perfect. Nice job with the topic.
I would have never thought of this take on the topic! Very creative and wondeful writing.
Oooh, very good here. I think you have a favorite! The characters were good and the twist at the end was even better, I thought that maybe Lizzie was Reggie's sister, but you certainly caught this one right on! Nice writing! ^_^
Great story....shocking ending. Well written and enjoyable to read.
02/13/08
Nice writing!! The ending surprised me!! THANKS FOR A GREAT READ!
Absolutely delightful--a favorite--boy! did you get me!