The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1576 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/14/07
Amazingly vivid description and emotion. Just beautiful - and that last paragraph is perfect.
12/16/07
Such a beautiful and heartrending story of Courage, Faith and Forgiveness! Written well, depicted the scene perfectly, and brought a tear of joy to this reader to find such strength in her co-believers.
12/17/07
Wonderful story about the true church and forgiveness. I like the ending especially.
Awesome!!! I love the pastor's weakness and doubt, showing his humanness, then being bolstered by his faithful flock, the real Church. Wonderful writing, my friend. Love, Cat
12/19/07
Great article. Also wonderful that the pastor is encouraged and redirectly towards the correct attitude by his flock.
12/19/07
Ooh, he was hiding! I was not expecting that ending! Wonderful.
12/19/07
Beauty did, indeed, rise out of these ashes. I loved it.
The last paragraph. Wow. That sums this all up. I liked this whole piece, stories of beauty from ashes are some of my favorites. Excellent job!
Man cannot stop the true church. Love this message. Nice twist at the end. Kudos.
12/20/07
I love your missionary stories!
RED PEN: I suggest you end with the Scripture verse. Beyond that is anti-climatic.
So much feeling and love.
Good writing!
12/20/07
Wow, Patty! Great story. I believe this is the only way we will have true revival in the U.S. - when the church starts being persecuted, unfortunately so.
Laury
12/25/07
Right on topic and an excellent read from title to end. VERY good ending. Great job!
02/28/08
Patty, I've just come across this wonderful entry again--I'm going to feature it on the Front Page Showcase for the week of March 10. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page that Monday.
Congrats on your showcase, I can see why this was chosen. Well Done!
Beautiful, beautiful story. I could see the pastor slumped against the wall and his feelings of dejection.

I wonder if all of our churches would be able to do the same thing? Would we be like the pastor, or like Marco?

What a great example of love, forgiveness and trust in the Lord.

Well done and congratulations on your showcase!
03/13/08
Your story is beautifully written... Congrats on being the FW Frontpage Showcase writer this week.
03/13/08
I am SO glad this wash showcased, because it got me to read this WONDERFUL piece again. So moving.
How convicting! God is so good, isn't he? This melted my heart. Thanks so much for sharing!
This is a wonderful story all the way through. You did show the strength of Christ's body and their heart of forgiveness. Outstanding writing