The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1386 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/11/07
Such passion here - you put me right in the moment with you. This was delightful.
10/12/07
Delightful! If it's offered from the heart, it's sweet to God no matter how out of tune it might be to anyone else.
10/14/07
Isn't it amazing how all of our voices blend together and sound so good, despite what -- heyhem... some of us sound like? :)
Laury
10/15/07
Great hook, great "voice" (your writer's voice, that is...). Wonderful story.
10/16/07
Loved the story! I could "see" the conversation taking place with the older man. The phrase, "I'm going to have one of those velvety, rich alto voices..." was perfect.
Ooh, I feel just like your MC when I sing in church. Lovely picture of worship, and a good story too. :) Cat
10/16/07
Wonderfully described worship! I like everything about your story: the characters, the writing, and the happy way it was all presented.
I love pieces done in first person, and this one's no exception. Great tone. I enjoyed reading this.
10/17/07
That's probably why the Lord said for us to make a joyful noise. He's after our heart not our talent. Good job.
I too am one who makes a joyful "noise" unto the Lord. I love it when everyone sings so loud that they drown out my voice and I can really sing out without feeling self-conscious. Your story is fresh and crisp.
I DO PRAISE JESUS FOR THE WAY YOU EXPRES YOURSELF!
BEING A "CROAKER " MYSELF, I DO KNOW WHAT YO MEAN..

mAY THE LORD BLESS AND ENCIRCLE YOU WITH HIS MIGHTY ARMS, SISTER CROAKER!

HENRIETTA W. ROMMAN