The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1675 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/02/07
Powerful imagery. Sad to know that he lost his entire family...but a good ending filled with hope.
08/03/07
Although fiction, a powerful picture of what some people think hell is like - and kept me rivited to each upcoming paragraph. The topic is definitely covered...Big Time!
Very good job with creativity also.
This is really a well told story to make one think of the pain, the loneliness, the hopelessnes, the despair of eternity without God. I'm glad you gave the young man a second chance.
08/04/07
Very well done, chilling, realistic. You brought the MC to life with this well done article.
08/05/07
Well done. I thought this line was especially good: "He had imagined some sort of camaraderie, a willingness among sinners to make the most of a difficult situation …"
08/06/07
Creative angle on the topic. Well written.
Your descriptions of Hell gave me shivers. I am so glad the boy "came to" and accepted Christ. If you'd left him in Hell I think my whole day would have been ruined. WONDERFUL writing. Congratulations on placinig and making the EC list.
08/09/07
I knew this would place well when I read it the first time. Congrats!
08/10/07
I could almost hear, smell and taste your descriptions. Your writing is very visceral. I can't think of a better use of the topic "sad" than being separated from God. Thank you and congratulations!
08/16/07
Wow. This is really powerful, and very well written. Congratulations on your EC -- very much deserved.