The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1141 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/11/07
Your title intrigued me and drew me in. An interesting autobiography. But it might be stretching things a bit to call it historical. It's not my idea of history. After all, you're still alive.
I really enjoyed your flow of thought style. You wrote in a very relatable fasion. The title got me into the story but I had trouble seeing how it connected. I think I understand what you meant to do with the "leaves falling up" but it almost looked to be a seperate entity. Thanks for an enjoyable story!
05/16/07
Yes, this is history - more modern history, but since it's the story of the earlier years of your life, it qualifies from my perspective. You have a great sense of humor. I loved the opening and the whole idea of the leaves and chronological events. I don't think you meant to say "spectral" - may-be spectacle? Nice.
05/17/07
Ed - I'm so glad I read this! I loved all your descriptions but especially the last paragraph! It was terrific and brought it all together so nice! Now this was really good writing even if it wasn't historical:)
I really enjoyed reading this entry. Your phases were very entertaining. Over all your history was told very well.