The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1590 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Hmm...I never thought an early-morning yapping could have such purpose - or power. Thanks for this story of music and peace.

God bless,

Kevin
09/01/06
God has truly blessed us with our four legged friends! I felt the emotions in your story. I have lived through a situation much like this. I now have another dog because of what we went through. Bless you for reminding us that a melody comes in so many different forms.
09/03/06
Nicely done - good suspense, and a great tribute to a four-legged protector. :)
09/05/06
That's strange music indeed! Very unique take on the topic. I'm glad Eliza was there to save the day!
09/06/06
What a delightful story and so well written! I loved it, and could picture how it must feel to look out the window and meet somebody's eyes. Scary! Very well done! Kudos.
I was expecting someone in the bushes or something, not "my eyes looked straight into another pair of eyes." Whoa. Talk about scary! Nicely done. :)
09/06/06
Ooh! That's scary! Thank God for that little dog! You've written this in a very entertaining way, kept me reading to find out the end. Great wordsmithing. No criticism here, you did a great job!
09/06/06
Wow - what a gripping tale! I agree - I never thought of barking dogs as music to my ears, but you have definitely given me a new perspective! This is told expertly, with wonderful detail and gripping emotion.
Very nicely done, Edy. I thought this story might be yours. Great tale (or is it tail?) of true life and how our perception of things can change very quickly.

I'm glad you were alright and nothing horrible happened. Thanks for sharing your story.

09/08/06
TOP 40 ENTRIES - “MELODY” CHALLENGE
39 Strange Music by Edy T Johnson
TOP 15 LEVEL 3 ENTRIES - “MELODY” CHALLENGE
14 Strange Music by Edy T Johnson
Well, I squeeked into the lists!
09/15/06
Clever take on the topic and it held my attention throughout. Nicely done and so wonder you made those lists - this piece deserves it.