The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1204 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What an unique and creative approach. Great work on writing this piece.
05/13/06
Well done, you kept me wondering who or what the ice queen might be until the last moment. Rereading I can see how you have laid the clues from the very beginning. Great work!
05/14/06
I suspected, but you kept me wondering to the end, just giving enough clues to act like bait on a hook in front of a hungry fish. Good work.
Well done. I "hoped" you would reveal this Ice Queen before the last period. You held my attention and curiosity all the way through, while I anticipated the end and the final answer. Great job.
05/16/06
Well done. A great expose on the cost of addiction, to both parties involved. I had hoped just the opposite of everyone else, and I suspect you struggled over the decision, over naming the alcoholism at the end. I feel the poetry and the symbolism of the pices are much stronger without naming the disease...as the clues were so excellently uncovered in each paragraph. Some might have to reread a few times, and some might never be certain, but that, to me, is the beauty of not stating the name - allow us to fill in our own disease...our own sin...it works on many levels.
05/17/06
Wow! What a piece! Great work great craftmanship, great read! (great!)
05/18/06
This is really good! You are quite the wordsmith, the flow is great and the visualizatons are wonderful. This is a marvelous piece!