The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1871 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/14/05
Beautiful!

What a beautiful wedding ... and the trees really did take 'centre stage' as should be in a challenge, even though I bet you wanted your daughter to have centre stage! (Assuming that your daughter did in fact recently marry in a beautiful early autumn ceremony!)

The message you brought out in the acorn and the verse for the day is strong and powerful.

Well done!
12/15/05
This is just beautiful.

Whe I frist read it, the first half just exactly filled my computer screen, and I thought I was done reading. I was about to type in a comment, when I saw that I was only halfway through! So the second part is a bonus--it's beautiful, too.
12/17/05
I like how you tied this all together. And the acorn by the wedding picture - it's always wonderful to see whenever people see God in the simple, every day things. Such an enouragement for us to look for Him in everything.
12/18/05
Practically perfect in every way! Can't say much more than Beautiful - it just is.
12/19/05
A lovely story penned with a sure touch from the depths of a mother's heart. Yeggy.
01/18/06
Beth,

You took me back to a place I had forgotten. I remember laying on my back under the towering oak and elm tress of home; laying there in wonder and awe of all that goes on with trees, the sky, earth, God, and little ol' me. I had forgotten that life was ever that innocent. Thank you.