The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1348 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/26/12
Super rendition of the Biblical parable.
07/26/12
This is one potluck I don't want to miss! Love this! <3
07/26/12
I agree with Lynda, this is so well done and gives an intimate and personal view of the Marriage Feast parable. Scats’ thoughts so well reflect most of us…why would God care so, about lowly us–how unworthy we are of that kind of love–but how grateful we are at being called. Great job on this!
07/26/12
Beautiful job. I got chills at the ending of this wonderful entry. Loved it.
Thank you. God Bless~
07/26/12
You've touched om our hope from a very creative way. Well done.
Like Scats said, so many of us just "don't get it" and miss out on understanding the most important gift of all - unconditional love. As I read this, I could sense the joy and awe coming from those entering the banquet hall. Great job!
07/27/12
I always enjoy the entries that are based on Bible stories--and this is no exception. Truly enjoyed every part of this and the characters you created. And of course the ending is the best. Great job.
07/29/12
Wow, this is excellent. Your words portrayed a very vivid image in my mind; how exciting for us to be invited to this, the biggest and most magnificent feast that will ever be held! Well done, Helen.

***

Your story reminds me of a song by The Paul Coleman Trio, "Banquet Table." If you're interested in the lyrics, you can find them at

http://artists.letssingit.com/paul-colman-trio-lyrics-banquet-table-6j9hb7x

I don't normally share links and songs, but I have a feeling you'll like this one (I wish it had the music, absolutely magnificent!).

Congratulations, my friend, on yet another EC. This was a wonderful, heartwarming story!
08/02/12
I absolutely loved this, it is without question the very best of them all....no wonder my story worked this time...I came to the master for help.....

Excellent story yvonne, spoke straight to my own heart. God Bless you....

Lynn

Congratulations on your wins, deserved even better places!
08/02/12
Thank you, my friends. I love it when God helps me see spiritual things from another perspective.
08/03/12
I love the angle you used here too, Vonnie. Beautiful, beautiful story. Super congrats on your editor's choice award!
08/03/12
Congrats Vonnie! God Bless~
I wondered at first who the owner of the mansion was but as the ending neared I felt such an excitement. To think that everyone, no matter where they come from, no matter what they go through down here are going to eat together at the Banquet Table of The Lamb,and the Great I am. Awesome piece. I just love this. Thank you for writing it.:) Confratulations on your win! Blessings.~