The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1791 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Your story is very sad but also truly inspirational.
If this is true, you are a brave lady who has surely been tested in the fires of adversity.

07/16/11
I love how your story turned a tragedy into hope. Only through God's grace. Your descriptions were beautiful. Great job.
Heartwrenching and tingle-inducing recounting of a survivor's story. How easy it is for us to ignore the atrocities that don't involve us. Thanks for writing this; it couldn't have been easy.
07/19/11
Vividly written account with a remarkable sense of "presence".

Definitely a writing that demonstrates showing rather than telling.

Top drawer.
07/19/11
We are so spoiled in the U.S. It's embarrassing. Thank you for sharing this story.
Your excellent story is eye-opening to horrific situations of war and inspiring in its story of forgiveness. I absolutely love the last line.
07/20/11
What a powerful story! What an even more powerful God!
Congrats on your win.
Wow! Your story is so full of emotion and heartache that many of us will never even know. Although the mother has known tragedy to its fullest, she still was determined to raise her child to not be a product of his environment. What a message that touches the soul and gives one hope.
Your story spurs on our hearts to keep on going no matter what. Lord help us not take for granted that we live in a nation, at least for now, that is not filled with daily terror and we still have liberty.
God bless you Deb.
07/24/11
This is a very well written and moving story. I love the 'twist' at the end.A deserving winner!
07/29/11
Congratulations on your well deserved EC award.

This really brought the reality of the war home. I can't image any person going through so much suffering. Thank you for sharing about your homeland.
Great writing. It powerfully pulls the reader in. Nicely executed.