The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 964 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/03/09
What a beautiful poem. I am profoundly touched by the content.Perfect touch with the mingle of Jesus blood with the brown,I only see positives here.
Beautiful.Just that one word.Beautiful.
12/04/09
A beautiful picture of the openheartedness of our God.
Eight beautiful quatrains set in ballad stanzas (though with an expection of a few lines having in their metering a shortage or a surplus of syllable and causing disharmony). Message rich and purposeful- from a serious poet I guess. Concept patterned closely after William Blake's, The Tyger, especially in the rhetorical questions (compare your 'Did You' and his 'Did he'). I also understand clearly that the first line of your last stanza must have been trauncated mistakenly, yet the picture is all complete and the work marvellous. Seem to like this entry most in this level and do hope you win first place or appear in the EC. Congratulations in advance.
This poem really touched my heart and soul. Excellent writing!
12/11/09
This is by far my most favourite piece out of all you have written. I'm surprised you didn't do better with the rankings. Well done.