The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1065 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Nice story. I like your main character. She has great motives.
07/23/09
I have a friend who was a bit like this as a teen and now she runs an assisted living facility. Great job showing this teen's heart.
07/24/09
This is so true to life. I've had teenage daughters who have been miserably misunderstood (in our church mostly) because of their choice in clothes, jewelry, etc. This story captures both sides of that issue. Very well done.
07/24/09
What an excellent reminder not to make judgments on things that really don't matter! This young lady clearly had her priorities in order, and I'm guessing there's a reason why that wasn't shared here. I love that Mrs. Smith learned from her student, and that she shared her admiration with the student. I also loved the humor in your closing sentence--we shall all need a visit before long! :-)
07/27/09
A very nice story about a young girl shinning a light on a much needed ministry. She also represents a much needed breath of fresh air when it comes to teens. I had a lil trouble adjusting to your POV but I got it worked out. I enjoyed your story a lot. God bless.
Great story about a young lady "setting the example of the believer." Nicely done.
07/27/09
It's so easy to judge by superficials. What an interesting and admirable young woman Emily turned out to be! (Actually, she could probably get a summer job as a "candy striper" at the nursing center... one of my best friends in high school did that.) Well done!
Hanging out with the elderly is more fun than people realize! This girl has a very bright future given her heart. I loved the last sentence! Too funny!
07/27/09
When I finished reading your story, I wasn't surprised to see all of the comments at the end. I had to fight back the tears. The first date with my wife was at a nursing home. It was then I realized what a kind heart she had. Wish more of our kids were like your main character.