The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1239 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/13/09
I enjoyed the image of the two "shellin' peas" with their lemonade and conversation. :) I especially like the image of the suitcase and "sometimes that luggage needs a good airing out." You have a good message in this!
06/13/09
I love the imagery. Also a great ending. I want to meet your grandma.
That was really a delightful analogy for love tucked among the imagery of the old and young shellin' peas together.
This story brought back memories of grandmothers and the important connection between them and their granddaughters. Well written and a sweet story.
You helped me envision the two sittin', shellin' peas and enjoying a sweet lesson on love. Nicely done.
06/16/09
Well done! I thoroughly enjoyed the voice of Gran. The luggage was a great analogy for life, living, relationships and love. Excellent use of this week's topic. This was fun to read. Your imagery was also well-written
Loved this grandma, the dialog was just right on and I loved the line with the butterflies and fireworks. Really great story!
06/17/09
Oh, to be someone's "favorite face".
Nowdays, we nuke in microwave, wash/dry clothes, never iron, and take all kinds of labor-savers. There was a more gentle time when laundry day was all day and picking and shelling peas or canning peaches was an all-day event...allowing for those involved to "share" their lives. Miss it. Love your story!
Mona
06/20/09
I just LOVE this, Glynis. What a beautiful, tender warmth throughout. So uplifting...it feels like a hug!
GREAT job. Very well done but not at all overdone. Creative, too. I am impressed! :)