The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1114 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I remember my father showing his slides of India...he too came back with such a new zeal for a land still unknown to me. Touching story.
02/20/09
I love your attention to detail in this piece. It is very well-written. I would have been wiping my eyes even as the little boy walked to the platform and grabbing another tissue during the middle of the song. Awesome job portraying a family in turmoil about changing their whole lives to follow God's call.
02/20/09
Good story, I am sucker for any story that's titled "My Daddy". Good job.
You did a wonderful job of capturing the essence of young Timothy.
And yes, my eyes are moist.
02/23/09
Very sweet!

I was waiting for a little bit of conflict, or something unusual to pull me along into the story...but sometimes a cute little kid is all you need!
02/24/09
This is an adorable story. Good work.
02/24/09
I could see it all happening and was moved like the crowds. Adorable piece!
02/25/09
So sweet and lovely. Really enjoyed this piece.Love that little boy!
I agree that this small child is enough to make this story a fun and enjoyable read. Stories don't always have to have intricate plotlines to be good. Sometimes having the simple leading of a child is all it takes. :)