The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1135 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/12/08
If only Christmas in every home could be just like this. Nice read!
12/15/08
This was very well written. Nice job!
I don't know much about poetry, but I do know what I like, and this I liked. How wonderful it would be if Christmas was like that everywhere, especially in the hearts and homes of God's children. Good job, well done.
12/17/08
You did what I did last quarter....lol....I like how you tied in all the topics. Well done on the meter and flow of the poem; very well-written!
I liked the pictures you made with the words in your poem.
12/17/08
I really liked the way you weaved the anticipation of Christ's return in with the anticipation of Christmas day.
12/17/08
Oh you clever woman!! I got half way down this before I realised what you had done (and you did well to use italics or I'd have missed it!) Then I had to read it twice more, once to see each stanza on its own, and then to get the whole message. I liked it more with each read. There are a couple of typos which you may already have noticed, but this is a lovely lovely summary of the whole quarter, of all that Christmas is about, and of the hope of His return. Well done.
12/17/08
How clever! A trip though Challenge memory lane...and still with a lovely message. Great job!
How clever! The meter is off in just a few places, but I love how you used the challenge topics in this poem, and they weren't forced at all. Very nice!