The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1186 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Absolutely lovely! This piece is well written and has a great message. I loved the thoughtful husband! And the ending is just right. Well done!
10/20/08
I love the faith-building message in this tender piece. The MC's cynicism is convincing. The elevator miracle confused me as I half expected Jimmy to be in it or hiding somewhere. The letter at the end was a nice touch, but a bit repetitive toward the end. I enjoyed it. Thanks!
10/20/08
Ahhh...so touching. It must be so hard for the families with loved ones gone. Thank you for writing this.
10/20/08
very believable characterisation. The instructions in the better were great, allowing the reader to feel, smell and enter into the redemptive atmosphere
10/20/08
Oh, my, this one is a "grabber" - took us there with your descriptions and to imagine the encouragement over those long miles. I wanted to read more - it ended too soon but that's also part of what makes it so good!
10/21/08
Thanks for the reminder to remember those with loved ones overseas in the military this Christmas. You portrayed the emotions well. Nice Job!
Great title - Great story. A well written reminder about the troops and their families.
Wait, I gotta grab a tissue! What a heartwarming piece! I love the way it started out so cold and warmed up all the way thru to the end!
God bless you for writing this touching piece about our military and what they sacrifice for our freedoms. This was so touching and it brought tears to my eyes as well. Bravo, my FaithWriter friend.
10/22/08
Very nice work.
Beautifully written and expertly executed. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. :)
10/23/08
This was tender and lovely. Nicely done.
10/23/08
Nice job! I love that her husband helps her celebrate Christmas even from far away. Very sweet story!
10/23/08
Nice! I liked it. You needed to spend a few more minutes on the wording of the letter, but very good.
10/23/08
Congratulations on your Highly Commended. This brought tears to my eyes.
11/01/08
Tears in my eyes, for joy. I was in Viet Nam for two birthdays, two Thanksgivings, a New Year, and a Christmas. I only remember one of those - nothing special. Thank you for making this one special and rememberable. God bless and keep writing.