The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1522 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/31/07
Even though this is (I think) non-fiction, it reads very much like a fiction thriller, from its heart-pounding first paragraph to the kindly lecture from the policeman. Great title, too.
09/01/07
Loved the ending. How often do people put their faith in their ability to defend themselves when it is in God we should trust.
How frightful! Loved the details of the author's thoughts during the incident. Could be tightened up grammatically, but your story line is gripping and well-organized.
09/03/07
Very intense reading. Whether fiction or non-fiction it was very well done. Good job!
09/03/07
That was a scary incident.

You did a good job putting me in the room with them.

Great work.
You certainly were on topic with this scary story. If it's true, you're far braver than I. I would not have been able to speak to tell him where the gun was. You did an excellent job with atmosphere. I loved your last sentence.
You certainly were on topic with this scary story. If it's true, you're far braver than I. I would not have been able to speak to tell him where the gun was. You did an excellent job with atmosphere. I loved your last sentence.
09/04/07
Yikes!!! What a story! I think you sold yourself short on the hinting thread. This is a fabulous entry! Wow..what an experience!
09/04/07
OK. Now this is a story about fear! I can't imagine anything scarier, and if it's true, you're one brave person. I know I would've packed up and left the city, too! Very scary.
09/04/07
Since so many asked, this is definitely True! And if you noticed, I was too frightened to speak - so I just pointed in the direction with a very, very shaky point.
What a traumatic experience! Thank God, you were aquainted with him.
09/06/07
Terrifying experience. You told your story just like it had happened yesterday — somethings remain vivid forever. Well done.
09/07/07
Author's Note for Self:
#8 In Level 3
#22 In Top 40
A really good Mickey Spillane mood without of course the graphic content. You did a wonderful job, Marilyn. You drew me in and then there was no way I was going to put this down until the last page.
It was this one, not the Z's. Glad I got it all sorted out. Now.. to enjoy having the living daylights scared out of me again.