The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1361 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/09/06
This is a wonderful story that could be awesome with some dialogue from the characters. I could visualize this as a part of a larger story. Nice!
12/09/06
A sad story with a happy ending. I didn't understand the "forty" whiskey...but I enjoyed the read. Nice job.
I would love to see this made into a novel. Good story.
Powerful opening - and great story with good ending. At first, I was picturing his "disfigurement" as something horrifying, as I'm sure Gideon did. Then in this sentence: "People no longer saw his disfigurement; they saw a man in love with his lord." I got the feeling he didn't see it anymore, either. I stumbled a few places, but it didn't distract from your wonderful story.
12/14/06
Attention holding, but I also would have enjoyed some dialogue. Nicely written with a good forgiveness message. :)
12/15/06
Wow! What a story! The opening sentence was fabulous. I didn't understand the title until the very end.--I loved how you tied it all together. Congratulations! Welcome to advanced! :-)
Congratulations on your highly commended entry! I'm a week late, but the sentiment is just as sincere. No wonder you were awarded it. This is a delightful entry, full of hope, real challenges, and even good humor! A treat to read!
Oops...more than a WEEK late! I need to clean my glasses! LOL!
What a hope-filling story about the reality of God searching and bringing home His lost ones.
I loved the way you wrote this. Second chances and unconditional love are the tools of battle to dismantle the enemy's hold.
Oh, that we would all have our eyes open to be ready to offer them to those in our world.
Thanks for the great challenge.
Blessings on your writing, Trina!