The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2085 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/01/06
Wow, what an intriguing thought. Really well written, and I like what it teaches about ministry. It leaves me considering the theological implications - do I believe that God makes that sort of bargain? You've definitely set me pondering!
12/04/06
Loved this entry! It really set my mind spinning. Often, I feel like, with my fertile imagination, I've thought everything...at least once. However, you've got me, here. This is the ultimate servant's heart. This is, "The Giving Tree" in action. You've given this gal an "Aha!" moment. Your writing is fresh, easy to follow, with a clear message. The word, "Volunteer" never came up in your story, but you showed the heart of a volunteer better than anyone ever could! Well done!
12/04/06
Wow Joanne! What a creative approach!

If only we could do that for others ... *sigh*

You carried the reader very well with atmosphere and dialogue - Good Job!
12/04/06
If only such a thing were possible--I'd take my daughter's disability in a heartbeat. Consequently, this brought a huge lump to my throat--you've written it beautifully.
12/04/06
A captivating read that causes one to pause and consider. In doing so, I am reminded of the ways that we are able to share in or take on the pain of others. A very touching and lovely story.
12/05/06
Wow--Christ's love in action (taking our pain and suffering upon Himself just like this dear woman). This was well written and thought provoking. Thanks for sharing this wonderful story with us. Blessings~
12/05/06
Wow! What a concept! I also wish this were possible. I really loved the ideas this conjures up. Thanks so much for sharing this touching story.
12/06/06
Very thought provoking story. Was Marcie a “type” of Christ? Is. 53:5, “But He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him, and by His wounds we are healed.”
Yes, it is out of the box. Excellently written. Very touching and moving. God bless.
12/06/06
Beautiful job! But, I'm a little confused about one thing with this peice is Marcie blind? there were a few things that hinted that she was blind--and then other items suggested that she wasn't. But overall, this was amazing at the levels that Marcie was willing to volunteer to take on--for her friend and for the Kingdom.
12/07/06
Nice writing - it flowed - good dialogue - good ending.:)
12/07/06
This is a beautiful example of true intercession. What an amazing way to volunteer. Thanks for your creativity in this piece!
Wow! Left me thinking. What an awesome message and intriguing thought, that God would use someone like that. And what a selfless love, the love of a true volunteer. Good work! Blessings, Cheri
really nice story enjoyed reading it and i liked how the character portrays the symbolic love of Christ who takes everything upon himself and gives us eternal life :)