The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1922 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Really strong writing and delicate balance between detail and discretion made this a great entry. The pain expressed on the page was powerful, as was the forgiveness and love.
Powerful. Painful. Well done.
Wow! Thanks for sharing this. I have been praying about writing about a bad experience such as this and this has given me courage. It is a terrible thing to happen to a child and I love the way your main character handles what she endured. Thanks for making it positive but profound. I love the way she could pity him and care for him later on. What a testimony! (assuming its based on a true story, if not it still is very good to think about)
09/04/06
Wow, what an amazing and touching piece! I have a friend who went through almost this exact situation and she is now healed as well. Hallelujah!
09/07/06
This touched me. A DAVEY for you.
09/09/06
Sharlyn, I read this before, but couldn't bring myself to write a comment; but, because of your Davey, and your nice comment on my Davey's entry, I must say your story is written extremely well; it's just a difficult subject for me. But Thanks, and you DO deserve the Davey!