The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1010 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/10/06
I loved your style of writing. It really drew me in and captured my interest. I wanted more!
06/12/06
A great story and a really well written one. It kept my interest throughout and left a good, warm feeling inside me...perhaps you might call it a peaceful feeling. Nicely done.
I enjoyed this read. I found myself wanting more as well. This is great writing!

Keep up the great work.

Blessings,
Trina
06/13/06
Very tender and sweet, with fully realized characters.
06/13/06
Your grampa character reminded me of the Waltons, the father, gruff with rough edges but a velvet teddy bear on the inside, full of wisdom. I could even hear this character's voice in my mind as I read it. Great job.
06/14/06
This story flows - so easy to read. I was right there with them, listening to Grandpa's voice.
This was so easy to read and to follow. Great writing! I feel like I know Grampa Dan (or would like to know him)!
Very well done. You draw us in and keep us to the end. Good job.
06/14/06
I wonder how many stories my "favorites" page can hold? This is precious. You are a masterful writer and I like how much character development is conveyed through your characters' dialog. God bless your talent for His glory!
07/03/06
Allen, this really was a delightful entry in the "Personal Peace" challenge. When I set the topic, I hadn't realized that a lot of people would find it quite a difficult one to write about. However, you caught it perfectly with Grampa Dan. Well done. You rated very well with the judges, and if you aren't aware, you actually ranked 20th overall--which is excellent when you realize that there were nearly 200 entries that week.

Because it is such an excellent story, and because you are a 500 member, I would really love to see this story showcased for more people to read--on the front page of the August issue of FaithWriters' Magazine (the online monthly magazine www.faithwritersmagazine.com) Could you please send me a private message to let me know if this is okay with you. If it is, I will also need a short bio note from you to go with your story. You can find examples of other bio notes in this month's issue.

Hope to hear from you soon.

With love, Deb (Editor, FaithWriters' Magazine and Challenge Coordinator)