The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1231 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/19/06
What an absolutely lovely piece of writing! I really liked the "He breathed..." sentence. Very nice.
05/19/06
Just what He does with our lives. Wonderful description.
05/22/06
What a lovely, lovely place God has blessed through your hard work and tender loving care. It shines in your writing. First entry? Keep them coming! Well written. You take us 'there' among the bounty.
Nicely written. I also like the "He breathes ..." snetence. Good job.
05/23/06
Welcome to the Challenge - and what a great way to start! This is a beautiful narrative that really draws the reader into your setting. I would've liked a bit more of the in-between details (the work that was involved in restoring the land, and how God brought blessing through that). But I really enjoyed the piece overall, and I'm looking forward to reading more of your work.
This is aa great piece. It's well written and captivating.
05/23/06
Great story, Great entry!
05/24/06
The compounding description of the first paragraph almost drove me away, however, the essay is a strong testimony to the work of God - it's His land, glad you discovered it.
Beautiful imagery, nice, tight style, heartwarming and satisfying story! I agree with Jan about loving the "He breathed.." sentence. I predict you won't be in Intermediate for long!
05/27/06
Thanks for all the encouraging comments! In response to one comment about wanting to see more on how we got the farm back in shape, I wanted to let you know that we did nothing. All these lovely flowers, bushes and trees were already there when we bought the property (we just couldn't tell given it was winter when we purchased the property). It was truly a surprise gift from God!
Enjoyed reading this. It's a good example of how God can take us and make something prosperous out of us. Good writing.