The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 136 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/03/21
Dear author of “God Always Answers,”

Living in an urban area, I’m intrigued reading about rural life and how it can teach broader life lessons. The story is a compelling one from your life with the example of a patient father and God who hears prayers we may have never actually uttered, a subtle message in the story. I thought you could have expanded on the impatience of the boy and what he learned about why hens stay in their nests like a patient parent protect their young from harm. The three parallels of patient hen, father and Father are compelling. God answers—for son and, no doubt, the father—that his son would grow in patience.

It would have help me if you clarify why you went to the post office to retrieve these chicks. Was a vendor there? An agreed-upon meeting place? In addition, in paragraph six there is ambiguity about whether your father handed you the eggs or put the eggs in the basket himself.

All in all, I was warmed by the story of an adult looking back with admiration at his parent and his God.

Sincerely,
This story is captivating, real and relatable.It is colourful
and I like your conclusion.Thanks for sharing.