The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2287 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A moving story. So much sentiment can attach to a possession such as a suitcase. So many travels, so hard to give up. I keep an old one with all my old letters and mementoes. Last week I thought of transferring them to a plastic storage box, but somehow couldn't. The old case had more significance. Good writing.
So touching, actually I cried. To me this was more than sentiment or attachment it was a type of the Ark of the Covenant and you know it will bless whoever posesses it. Wonderful entry.
08/25/05
This was a beautifully written piece! (Reminds me of Corrie ten Boom and how God hid her Bible from the SS guards during WW2.) Your story is a great read!
08/25/05
Very moving piece. One spelling error conscientiousness should be consciousness. Good work!
08/25/05
Why was the suitcase being auctioned? Why didn't Elaine keep it? Very moving missionary stories, though.
08/25/05
I love it! It takes great writing to make one shed tears. Very good!
08/26/05
I loved this! Very solid and well-thought out. Loved the segment breaks. Excellent and creative entry.
Blessings, Lynda
This was well done. Such a touching story. I had tears in my eyes by the time I got to the end. Thanks for sharing.
08/27/05
Very strong writing. Caught the struggle and risk. Love it!
08/29/05
Excellent, moving piece. Congratulations on your win. You did a great job with this entry.
I'm so happy for you... this is great Tammy! In my humble opinion, I think your writing is taking on a dramatic turn for the better! Keep it up! Wohoo!!! Love ya, Amy Verlennich
It was absolutely perfect!!! I am so proud of you girl! I had my tissue in hand before reading it that day! Thank you for sharing your talent with us!
09/01/05
Tammy, congratulations on your excellent win in both the Editors' Choice and Level 2 Challenge. After doing so well, it's time to make the move up to Level 3. You are definitely ready for it. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
Tammy, I keep meaning to pop in here and leave a note. :-) This is a wonderful story! Just one thing may have made it even better--maybe italisizing the flashbacks to make them even more clear. Great job!
09/06/05
I DID try to italicise the flashbacks! I couldn't figure out how to isolate. I posted the question on how to do it on the message boards and got the answer literally seconds after I posted the story - I didn't want to miss the deadline! I put the stars in as my creative solution. I have requested the italics to be put in like I originally had them before printing.