The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 933 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/22/09
This was cute! I love the cat!
10/22/09
Oh I do like this peice. I can just imagine the kids... and the weary mum ....
10/22/09
Very thoughtful and somewhat different. Just don't read that last part to the little ones.
10/22/09
Adorable,Loved all the interactions.
10/23/09
this was good! i have always loved stories where animals become real life characters. nice job of saving that whole idea for the end.
10/23/09
The characters and dialog really carried the story. Good job! I don't know why people think the creature is a cat--it's obviously the crayon monster who comes out of the shadows.
10/24/09
Yes of course! It is the crayon monster.I like it.
10/24/09
I'm amazed at some of the skill of the writers here. Just finished reading the story to my 6 yo daughter. She loved it.

Well done.
I loved the crayon monster. Cats are strange little critters and they do what they want. Cats are such a joy. Thanks for such a charming story.
10/26/09
Love the paragraph at end where the crayon monster comes in....very nicely done...
10/27/09
ah ha! so there really is a crayon monster... this was a lot of fun, with a fantastic ending! :)
10/27/09
i can hear my grandchildren having this discussion. kept me engaged. humorous. and all cat lovers can relate to the monster!
Being a cat lover, I found this adorable.
10/27/09
Adorable story, loved the switch in mood at the ending.

Your very last sentence should have "its" (no apostrophe. "It's" with an apostrophe is short for "it is". To remember the possessive "its", think of "his" and "hers" without their apostrophes.

This is really top-notch writing.
10/27/09
Refreshing and good take on topic. Siblings can wear a mother down as you reveal in this interesting entry.

Mona
10/28/09
What a fun story, with a great ending! The cat would just have to choose the BLACK crayon, wouldn't he? It would be interesting to know what happened the next day. Enjoyed it!
Very realistic theme and dialogue. I could picture the whole thing. And the ending, could not have been written better! Great job!
10/28/09
Love this. Very cute:)
10/28/09
Sure sounds like you've been there. You wrote so realistically. I enjoyed the children's voices and could certainly empathize with the frazzled mom. The cat at the end is a cute touch. I too wonder what happens the next day. Terrific writing.
10/29/09
Your dialogue was wonderful as is your story writing ability. It was easy to see the sister teasing her brother. It definately felt real.