The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 865 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/17/08
I clearly feel the heart-breaking emotion as I read your story--written from a broken heart. I like the ending, because God works everything together for the good. Awesome.
04/17/08
With a bit of editing, you should consider submitting this to a website or newsletter of parents of diabetics.
This story would be good as a Father's Day article. I could feel the depth of your committment to see your son through his trial. Like a watchman on the wall so to speak.
04/20/08
I could feel your heart in this, and I loved the hope you gave at the end. Well done. (and I agree with Jan!! polish it up and submit it somewhere)
04/23/08
So heartfelt that it had to reach the reader. And thank you for sharing all that you've had to learn from this experience in regards to dying to oneself and the power of prayer.
04/24/08
It continues to amaze me that God truly does not give us more than we can bare. So it is very important how we use that knowledge to not only lift ourselves but others. Your article bordered on the morose but you did pick it up by the end. Broken for one could be elation for another if their choice was a deceased child or a diabetic child. Good writing overall.