The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1177 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/21/07
Awesome! I didn't realize that the woman was blind, so when that was revealed, it came off wonderfully. Plus, it makes sense for a blind person to behave as she did. Great story!
09/22/07
Mr. Cooper was the one that was blind, right? Nice little story.
Laury
A blind man and his trust in God saved her. What a wonderful story and right on topic. Good job of writing!
09/23/07
Nice surprise ending! I think it would also work well if it turned out that Jenna was blind. A few re-words here and there would do it (just a thought, anyway - to give you a different type of challenge :-)). I'll be honest and say I felt there was just a tad too much "telling" and not enough "showing," particularly in the beginning. But it came together nicely and your point was well made. All in all, a great entry for "calm."
09/24/07
This is a very nice, with a good ending.

There are a few punctuation issues, as well as tense changes, that need to be tightened up. Would be easy enough to fix with additional proofing.

I like the way you stressed the "routine". Good message.
Enjoyed this story. Makes you think!
09/28/07
Congratulations, Clarissa. Your entry has placed 10th in Level 2. The Lists for the Top 15 in each Level and the Top 40 overall are available in the Weekly Results and Highest Rankings forum of our Faithwriters Message Boards.