The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2444 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/17/06
An interesting story and a wonderful tale of love. Forgiveness isn't easy but it can be done through His help. Thanks for reminding us.
12/19/06
An interesting story that held my attention. I thought that the coversation flow could use some tweaking to make it flow better (for example: use more contractions). It fit the topic quite well. Keep up the good work.
12/19/06
I like this one a lot!
What a sweet story. Well told, too. Thanks for sharing.
I thought this was very good. "An incorrect one" may not be what a 9-yo would say, but I don't know with any authority. :) I was a little confused as to the setting, are the kids at Aunt and Uncle's house for Christmas? and were are mom and dad?

I loved the ending - the husband spilling the truth, and the wife revealing the secret of who the "real" hero was on that day. Such humility. Great job!
I enjoyed the story. It was a great testimony of marriage and love and loyalty. A few minor errors. I will pm you later. I'm on a break right now! Great job.
12/21/06
i love how you started out with "...and bam!" Perfect! I found it a tad awkward that it ended with "it wasn't easy." It almost felt like it needed something to tie it up - but that's just my opinion. I love it that she was the one and she held it back. Yes, true humility. Good story.
I really enjoyed this!
Conversation flowed so easily between all your characters and I love the way you developed your MC.
Very cool ending and a great hint of the power to forgive and move beyond resentment and bitterness with God's help.
Thanks for sharing your gift.
12/01/07
Wowsers, I'm glad I got back to this one! Look for it on the Front Page showcase for the week of Dec. 24. Thanks!
12/24/07
I enjoyed this story very much! Loved your opening and ending especially.
A very interesting article with nice plot and suspense
12/25/07
Amazing story! This is very well written! Congrats on being the FW Frontpage Showcase writer.
12/26/07
Excellent writing, Sara! Glad you got showcased or I might not have read this. Great job with the emotions.
Congratulations on the ShowCase! I'm glad I got to enjoy this again. :)