The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 732 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/16/06
I hope your creative work is writing; you have a gift for it. Consider spicing it up with a bit more tension, more action--your ability with words is undeniable.
02/16/06
I thought this read more like a personal diary. I had to re-read several paragraphs to follow your flow of thoughts. Some things were in present tense some in past tense.
02/18/06
Yes, it did read like a Diary, and I also agree that the Diary needs to be spiced up a bit...thanks for sharing your little corner of the world with your peers. God Bless.
The best witness is honest, personal testimony - that's what you have here! I "felt" your weariness....and appreciated the various forms of rescue (to mind, body and soul) that were provided for you. God showed up, didn't He?!

For the perceptive reader, this line said a lot: "The main issue, though, is that life keeps happening, even on quiet afternoons." Life keeps happening. We will never be exempt from the tension of living as people created in the image of God who are (temporarily) stuck in a fallen world.

And yes, we need physical help sometimes, but even more than that we need spiritual refreshment. "But God settled my mind and restored peace to my soul."

So this very effectively took me into the heart of a woman who had needs, and the heart of a woman who found answers. Isn't that what the Christian life is all about?!