The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 377 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
You gave a unique manner of presenting the thought question of what have we done with the gifts, talents and interests God blessed us with.

We cannot measure ourselves with others since we are the one given our special blessings. How have we used ours?
10/19/18
Well done with creating interesting imagery and an intriguing setting. I think you could play around with the formatting a bit by putting each new person in a separate paragraph. It did throw me off a little that the entire question of, "so let me ask you, what did you do with it" wasn't in quotation marks. Otherwise, good job with the writing.
Good reminder that our lives are literally a race against time. Each one of us who encourages others to be the best we can be for the Lord's sake (as you do in this piece) is a one of a kind jewel.Your article will be used by the Lord to speak to others at the exact moment He needs them to read it. Yes, one day it will be too late to make a difference with our gifts, talents, time and energy then. Blessings to you. Thank you for being a blessing.
10/20/18
What a great question for each of us to ask ourselves (before it is asked of us!). I enjoyed your introspective look at what we all deal with when we are discovering and sorting out our God given gifts.

You have such important ideas to convey in this piece. But it might be easier for your reader to get the full understanding if you separate the speaking parts into paragraphs--something like this:

"So let me ask you, what did you do with it?” The man he was referring to looked puzzled.

“I don’t know," he replied.

There are also a few minor punctuation and grammar edits needed. But you obviously have been given the gift of story telling. You do it so well! I'll be excited to see more of your writing and how God is going use it for His glory. And I have no doubt if the Lord asks that question of you, when the time comes, you will have plenty to say.