The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 520 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/21/16
Luckily my mother didn't get Alzheimer's until age 96! She was no longer ambulatory either. I don't think I couldn't have endured the kind of scenario you wrote about, so well, of having to watch a victim's movements every moment of the day and then suffering consequence/guilt for one mistake.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this story. Very well done.
01/23/16
Alzheimer's is such a debilitating illness. I'm glad the father got that moment of clarity before it was too late.
01/25/16
This is a beautiful, tender story depicting the confused state of the MC's mind. I love the way you unfolded the scenario at a nice steady pace and with lots of little details to build up the picture. And your final paragraph was the perfect ending. Great job!
01/27/16
I've seen and been with families who struggled with this horribly sad disorder, and it is a heart breaker for sure. But, so glad the father's cognizance became full circle as he professed his faith.



God bless~
01/28/16
Congratulations on your Highly Recommended!!
01/28/16
Congratulations!

So glad to see this here!

God Bless~
01/28/16
Congratulations on your highly commendable award in the Intermediate Category, Ashley.

You have such a gift of storytelling. You told me you were working on your showing and not telling in the story, and it's starting to pay off. This is also one of my biggest struggles as a writer.

Can't wait to read more!
I liked your descriptions. It placed me in the moment with him. Included with this dreaded disease is the fear of losing dignity. You not only allowed the character to keep, but built upon his decision making rights even in the midst of his confusion and glorified God as the One who gives us clear-mindedness and clarity. Great job!