The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1068 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/30/06
Intriguing story. I found fascinating the diverse cultural backgrounds of the two main characters--Asian and Jewish. Also loved the descriptions of the trees with their many diverse colors.

I think "humility" in the phrase "heat and humility" is meant to be "humidity" (?).

Loved the way the Jewish husband broke down finally and bought a Christmas tree for his Christian Asian wife. Can't help wondering whether this suggests he may "break down" in a deeper way, as well!
I love it! I'm grinning for you having your first Christmas tree.

I think "geological" probably should be "geographical"?

Also, one (probably) typo in the 3rd paragraph - "owns my own house" should be "own my own house"

Love this line - "I love the smell…like the fragrance of Christ, the fragrance of the best Gift given." Yes, the smell of LIFE! Wonderful story, great job!
12/02/06
How nice that you got your tree. A wonderful story of evolving love and I also enjoyed the peek into different cultures. Nice job.
12/04/06
Interesting story for sure - I love your voice in this - definitely the dreamer! Gave me hope, and I appreciate your PS!
12/05/06
Glad you finally ended up with a real tree! I love happy endings to holiday stories! Thanks for sharing this! :)