The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1491 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
So sad. You shooked me with the unexpected turn of events. Way to capture your readers interest. Blessings on your writing.
11/10/06
You did a great job including a lot of information in the brief word count. Full of emotion. Good work.
Aww, sad story. I felt that I didn't get inside the MC's head and heart quite as much as I would have liked, but you did well telling the story. Good job!
11/11/06
Well written and tragic. It's the ending that felt like a slap in the face. Duty called. Duty intruded. There's a time to grieve and a time to labor. It seemed harsh that he was so ready to jump from father/husband to doctor. I guess I don't have the soul of a doctor. I agree, I would have liked to have gotten more into the thought processes of the MC.
11/11/06
That ending definitely slapped me in the face! I can't believe he'd be back to work so soon. This was a very compelling story, and so sad. Nice job.
11/12/06
A powerful story - showing how life must go on, even with tragedy.
11/13/06
Wow! This was packed with action and emotion! I was on the edge of my seat hoping things were going to turn out different.

Yes, doctors and nurses have to put their life and heart on hold - sad.

Great job Chrissy! Keep up the good work! :^)
A roller coaster ride of emotions. Nicely done.
11/13/06
Ummmm...yep that was great!! I loved the up and down feeling of it. I love stories in which I can see the plot flowing like a movie. Nicely done!
11/13/06
The title is tragically ironic...very well done.
11/13/06
I loved it when you referred to Jillian as his bride. What a sad story. You did a wonderful job with what a doctor would go through, facing his worst nightmare. The emotions were gripping. Great job!
11/13/06
What a shock to realize the ones he had longed to see were the very ones he was being paged for. My goodness. You showed the MC's emotions by his actions. I thought it was good. Powerful and eye opening.
What an amazing story. You must love to make people emotional and you do a great job at it.
11/15/06
Wow! this was very good. It kept my interest and swept me along through the story. Well written and thanks for sharing it.
Very, very vivid. I felt as if I were right there the entire time, sharing in the grief and the suspense. Good job!