The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 417 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/20/17
I love the imagery in this story and the gentle natural flow of your words.

You followed the theme nicely from beginning to end without being obvious or forced.

The lesson was tender and meaningful.

I look forward to reading much more from you!
07/20/17
Great job with this!
Blessings~
07/20/17
Tree-mendous!
A very reflective and descriptive picture that suddenly became a devotional piece. Well done.
I truly enjoyed this and can totally relate. Much to my family's chagrin, I can often be found wandering about talking to plants, animals, and sometimes to planes hundreds of yards above me. Although technically tree change is an Australian term that means leaving the city for the country, I think you did a great job of writing on topic as you saw it. Each week on the message boards (forums), Deb places a small blurb that describes the topic and tells what the judges are looking for. You aren't the only one who didn't know the term though, and like I said, I think you did a great job with what you did. Your message is a powerful one. I stopped reading and literally felt a warm glow spread over me. I've no doubt it was the Holy Spirit speaking to me through your beautiful imagery. Thank you for sharing. You touched my heart and made me smile.
07/21/17
What a beautiful story. I love it. You made me stand next to you and watch the transition take place.

I think that if you started with the sentence that started with "Then one day..." it would have created a good hook and then build about your feelings about the tree and its future.


My heart was touched by your imagery. I could see some of those trunks falling off of my life. Great job. God bless
Part of the story sounds like you were standing just a slight way off looking at the tree as you were writing. You were putting your feelings into your writing.

Nothing else seemed to be nearby except the tree.

I liked what you wrote.
I love the imagery and descriptive nature of your writing.
I could see the picture of your tree in my head.
Thanks for the message.It reminds us of that one day we would fall to the ground. However, how much shade and shelter we are to others today would be taken into account, when our trunk eventually comes off - as in your story.
Love,
Success.