The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 951 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This was an excellent entry. I had to laugh because it sounds a lot like me. One thing I'd like to point out to help you (in your obvious talent of writing a great story) is to italicize words that are thoughts.


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." God, I really need to sleep. Please. I am at my wit’s end here. "And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Oops hit the send button before I was finished, sorry,

Overall, you're a great writer. You might want to head over to the forums where you'll find Ann's Grammar Basics.

I need help in that area myself.

God bless~
02/21/14
This brought a smile to my face...especially about the cold feet, most women will relate to this story.

Very well done.

God BLess~
02/22/14
Very cute slice of life story. You have a real talent for bringing your readers into the moment! Keep writing!
02/24/14
This is a very descriptive entry down to the very last detail...EXCELLENT!

My wife has cold feet, but I'm the one who never sleeps. I always tell her I am hot blooded. HA! I am so hot natured I hardly sleep with the covers.

Anyway I loved this story, it reminded me of my sweet wife.

Great Job,keep writing!
What does it say? Change the things you can but accept the things you can't without complaining? (Where?)

Funny since it wasn't me.

Well written. Easy to read.

A good picture of how our mind works overtime - sometimes to our good but not always.

I liked the verses. I liked the writing.
02/25/14
Super cute story! I have been there many, many, many times.

My red ink comment concerns separating her internal dialogue from the rest of the story. Perhaps italicize it. I got a little lost sometimes when you switched from telling the story to what she was thinking.

This was a very enjoyable read and I look forward to reading more of your work.
02/25/14
Great writing! Had me captivated from the start. I loved the humour.

My only suggestion for tweaking would be to keep with the present tense from the start.
It's a great tense for this story and had me right there with you.
The ending was great and so typical -- just like all of your story. Keep writing. You're gifted.
02/25/14
Cute story ! Liked the humor. Easy, fun read. I can relate to the feet and hubby feet warmer!