The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 921 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/20/05
A sweet lesson without being preachy. Well done.
A lovely well-written story that challenges us to live Christ-like lives 100% of the time. I would have liked to have seen the reason for the family's gentle response to Sarah made stronger, but all-in-all a gentle piece that was enjoyable to read. Keep writing and God Bless.
09/21/05
I liked the story line. Be careful with your punctuation, though. Good work.
09/22/05
Thumbs up. Hope it gets in the winner circle. If so, you will have deserved it for this easy to read, awesome piece. You keep it simple and it totally ran circles over some of the more complex articles out there. Well done!
09/27/05
Emily, good on you! This was a very good story, and boy, that family in the restaurant were amazing. I don't think I would have been anywhere near as patient (which is a lesson for me!)

You rated very well with the Level 1 judges and ranked 11th out of the 44 entries for that level. So well done. For a beginning writer, I think you're off to a very good start.

Now, having said that, there was a bit of a mystery happen with your entry for the bon voyage challenge. I knew which one was yours, and made a point to contact you once the entries went public. But when they did, your name wasn't listed next to it. I have no idea what happened - but I apologize if it was a glitch in the FaithWriters' system.

Anyway, the reason I really wanted to contact you was to find out if you are Australian? Just send me a Private Message (click on my name on this feedback and it will take you to my member page, then click on the link to send me a private message). There's a reason why I'm curious. :-)

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)