The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 749 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is so sad to see what happened. I am glad that the yoke was broken, thank you for sharing this, it must have taken something to write.
05/01/08
Thank you for writing such a deeply felt story. Consequences of sin can last a lifetime. The hardest relationships to deal with can be family, and yet, as adults each person becomes a brother or sister in Christ or not, and are bound by many Scriptures. Each makes life and spiritual choices, which can be difficult to deal with. Good writing!
As a reader, this speaks loudly of your hurt and pain. As a reader, I also am reminded that each person's piece is just that - their own perspective. If this story is based on a real family, then I pray the future holds reconciliation - if not in this life, then, at least in the family of God. :)
05/02/08
I appreciate your title and whole article. The tone you set is not condemming or cruel. In your truthful words I can sense the relationship you wish was there with your mother. If this is true, the MC did all she could to repair the situation...how sad that a mother pushes away from her own family.

This makes me think of Isaiah 49:15
"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!"

05/07/08
This was sad, but wonderfully transparent. What a difficult road to travel...the need to excommunicate your own mother for the sake of yourself. I'm glad you have peace with it now. Great job.
How true that we don't forget. So glad for your foundation in Christ to see you through this strife.

I hope you received even more healing as you wrote these words.
I must have taken courage to hit the submit button. So glad you did.

Blessings.
05/07/08
This must have been so difficult to write. You communicated your situation so clearly and vividly, and your freedom through Christ shined through. Well done.
This really struck a chord with me. We, too, have had to deal with the influence of family members with whom we are unequally yoked, and the anguish of difficult decisions.
I like how you showed the progression of what needs to be done in such a situation and why. That is especially difficult when the person has outward trappings of religion, but is not truly a new creation. They love to throw Matt. 7:1 at us, readily identifying our flaws, while never acknowledging their own, much less apologize for anything. I have learned what I call unilateral forgiveness, which keeps bitterness from growing in my heart, but is not sufficient to sustain a healthy relationship.
Thank you for sharing so transparently.
Wow. Such a sad story, and yet you ended it with the hope of God. Isn't it great that God lets us into his family and gives us a loving home even when our Earthly families are torn apart? I am not sure if this was a true story or not, but if it was, I really appreciate you being transparent and letting us have a glimpse into your life.