The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1854 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/02/07
I like this. You did a great job comparing your condition to a court trial. All the players are there.

Very cool.
Very intriguing. Well told and nicely written. Keep up the great writing.
Wow! :) Love the courtroom plot. :) Surely, this is a great piece! :)
09/04/07
You did a wonderful job with your writing, and my heart goes out to you. I know how bad I feel when I get a really bad headache even once in awhile; nauseous and having to go to bed to get rid of it. I cannot imagine how you have suffered, and am so glad that you have some relief. We'll pray that you get 100% relief! God Bless and thank you for sharing this story.
02/14/08
What an amazing job of writing this. Your comparisons to a life-sentence, with the ankle bracelet, and the ever present defense attorney etc. is a wonderful way to write this. Very good Laury!
02/14/08
This is SO much more than a well-written piece. It is a moving and passionate testimony of what God can do in the life of someone with chronic pain. Your faith story will minister to many, and many are in need of the message you have to offer them--one of hope, trust and confidence. May the Lord heal you and give you peace.
02/14/08
Amazingly powerful, my friend - and a wonderful use of imagery. Just excellent.
I really hate that you suffer with this condition, and yet, I am so glad that you picked the best defense attorney in existence to handle your case. No matter how long the court proceedings may last, he will represent you until the very end.

You are in my prayers daily Laury. Blessings to you my friend.
06/29/08
Wow, Laury. I remember reading this before and what an impact it had on me, but now that I know you, I am more touched than ever with this testimony. I just wish the monster headaches had stayed gone longer...but I pray and hope that you'll be restored to good health one day soon! That is our hope! I put that song about hope on my blog page especially for you.