The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1396 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/08/07
Your next-to-last paragraph is just wonderful! What an awesome memory of your dad to treasure for always.
You capture the thought really well. I loved the humor of the rough road trip. One word of advice. Don't trust the spell check. the word to use here is brake, not break.
You are not to stay in beginners! This was much too good .. move up, move up! Hope the judges will agree with me! I just loved your story and the setting was so much more intersting than just any old fishing place. I saw beautiful scenery and fell in love with dad, as well the daughter-father relationship you wrote so well. Wonderful!
Your Dad sounds like so much fun. I really enjoyed reading this, thanks.
I love how you combined humor with such a refreshing angle on fishing. The unique setting greatly added to the piece as well. Just for a fun play on words, you could even change the "Real" in your title to "Reel". Great job!
This is beautiful! I really liked this piece, especially the part with the bumps and driving over 'all of them'. So fun and true. Great job! ^_^
02/14/07
Terrific job! I absolutely loved the last paragraph - it encapsulated it all! Keep writing! Blessings, Jo
02/14/07
Oh wow! What are you doing in beginners? This was very good - I wouldn't change a thing. Very emotional and fun and real. Good writing!
02/15/07
This was very good. I felt and saw myself in each of the scenes. When Dad sang, in both languages, it put a tear in my eye. Nice job.
02/15/07
I, too, enjoyed your story very much, especially the part about hitting all the bumps! :)