The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1349 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/18/06
Oh, very good!
08/18/06
This was packed with emotion!! Very nice way to look at valley. You have a little punctuation to clean up but that is nothing since your content shines through so well!! Hope you send this out someplace:)
08/20/06
This was a touching story. So many women can relate to this. How helpless we feel when we can't accompany others while they're in the valley. Interestingly, we also cannot help them walk that final stretch between this land and home, either. Everyone has to get there on their own and in their own time.

Keep up the good work.
08/22/06
Very nice. You should spell out doctor (been there, done that). As I read this, I hoped Kaye wouldn't end up in the same valley as her Mom. --I hope she stays at the edge or only enters that valley very briefly. Well done.
This is very good. Very good imagry. I walked every step with you and could envision the valley of despair, and hope all at the same time. Good job. Keep writing
08/23/06
Powerful ending. Loved the last paragraph. Great job.
08/24/06
What an incredable story! Well written and moving. I loved it!!! If its a true story, you both will be in my prayers. Great job Kaye. Congratualtions on your win. It is well deserved. God Bless.
08/24/06
This is a heartwrenching and hopeful story, wonderfully told. Congratulations on your win!! It is well-deserved.
What a great entry! Congratulations! Your win is well-deserved!