The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1341 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/11/06
I could smell the vanilla candles just reading it ~ to me that is a peaceful time in solitude that seems to be rare! Thanks for sharing! :)
06/12/06
Hey, I have a spa tub, an orange cat and candels. Yes, I can see it now. Thank you for reminding me to do the things that bring me personal peace.
06/12/06
This sweet poem certainly leaves the reader with a peaceful feeling...very nice. There are a few awkward constructions, but nothing major--what really shines is the picture that you give us of peacefulness.
I really enjoyed this poem. You could feel the peace from it. Good job.
06/13/06
The problem with rhymed poetry is that sometimes we reach for the rhymes, be careful you do not get caught in that scenerio. Thanks for sharing this work.
Thank-you for sharing your personal peace with us. And thank-you for reminding me that that peace can be found simply by opening my bible.

May our Heavenly Father guide your pen as you write.

Trina
You have a powerful gift for creating an atmosphere, for finding a significant place of the soul and taking the reader by the hand to join you!

Have you ever tried free verse? I think your beautiful literary voice might find a wonderful outlet in that genre.