The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 469 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/10/14
As a Level 1 writer, you might not be aware of the free writing lessons available on the FaithWriters forums. This week’s lesson is on writing devotionals, and next week will cover writing on topic for the weekly challenge. Look for it at http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=67, or if you’re on Facebook, you can “like” Faithwriters Writing Lessons. I’d love to have your input into the conversation there!
01/10/14
Good job of devoting scripture into your entry, while bringing foward an important message of His word. Nicely done.

God bless~
01/11/14
You have some beautiful phrases in the first half of this--almost poetic in their imagery.

I'll admit that I had a hard time following this, though, and I'm not sure what the take-away is. Perhaps some elaboration on your main idea, with more personal (less abstract) application would be helpful?

Your use of language is superb.
It was hard for me to follow the thread and get the full meaning. Sentences seemed maybe even disjointed, at least for my understanding.
01/12/14
Very interesting entry. Wow, a difficult read though... I had my dictionary in hand and even then, I'm not quite sure what the focus of the entire piece is really about. It's written to topic however. Keep writing.
01/13/14
I think this would do well as a poem, if it was reworked a bit. The sensation and feeling is there. You have a definite talent with words, and I hope to read more of your work in the future. Good job.
Yes, your writing was hard to follow, but the message was clear. As children of the day, we should not fall asleep spiritually. There are many who will fall asleep -- some are prepared; some are not. Jesus did not punish the disciples for falling asleep while he went to pray; He merely stated, :the Spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. Nice message.

If you were writing for a class of Theological college students or professors, then perhaps the words you chose are appropriate. If it is meant for the masses -- less is more. I enjoyed it though.