The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 703 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Adorable story and like your sense of humor throughout.

All of your emotions are so well written and relatable. Your last sentence gave me a great LOL!

Remember to double space between paragraphs for easier reading.:)
04/15/10
What a great way to poke fun at yourself. I think I would like your husband and son.

A few of your descriptions were a little confusing and you had a point of view shift in the second paragraph.

I enjoyed reading it.
04/18/10
This piece was so very entertaining. Your set up and description of agitation made me laugh out loud. I smiled throughout, until near the end, when I grimaced during the suspense, my jaw dropped, and then I laughed. A pleasure to read, enjoyable from beginning to end.

My only suggestion would be to watch your tenses. You began the story in past tense, then switched to present tense.
04/18/10
I wonder how long it took that wound to heal . . . well at least the pen didn't break! ;) I don't think that I would be able to have your patience in a situation like that, but I do admire it.

This is a fun story, complete with ornery husbands and sons, caligraphy pens and certificates! I love the agitation line. :)
04/19/10
I love beautiful calligraphy, and I could feel the frustration of your main character.

There were a few places where you switched tenses--from past to present and back again.

This was a highly entertaining story.
04/19/10
That was a brave man, to mess with you after what they did! Very interesting and fun piece.
Sherry, congrats on placing 8th in Level 1! That's an accomplishment :-)

If you haven't already, be sure to check out the highest rankings on the forums:

http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29573