The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 966 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
ROFL! What a change of scenery. I liked how you showed us the contrast and in an easy(humor-filled) way. Very creative! ^_^
05/16/08
Well done. I really enjoyed this. Good details.
Great job contrasting these two mothers-in-law and perfect title. Nicely done. :)
05/17/08
Put's things into perspective. I loved "the spatulas are melting" line. Great natural dialogue. Thanks for the story!
Congratulation on your win. Loved it, great job of writing.
05/22/08
Congrats on placing 2nd.
Hee hee hee what a fun story. Frustration turns into gratitude when your MC realises she has it easy... just a dinner date. Wonderfully written and the dialogue perfect. I just loved: “Kath, I've got to go! She's in the kitchen and the spatulas are melting!" So funny. Well done on your 2nd Place. Up the ladder for you :-)
Haha! What a fun piece. I laughed at the ending. The dialogue in this was great. Congratulations on placing high this week! This story was well deserving of the honor. :)
05/23/08
Congratulations on your second place finish in beginners - you also were 38th overall. Great job!
05/24/08
Congratulations on your 2nd place. I enjoyed the realistic dialogue. Nice job with the topic.
05/26/08
Excellent story telling. Isn't perspective a wonderful thing? I really enjoyed the humor and dialogue. Congratulations!