Return to Content
Read Our Devotional
Opportunities to be Published
The Home for Christian Writers! Matthew 6:33
ENCOURAGE AUTHOR BY COMMENTING
Add to Favorites
THE WEAPONS OF OUR WARFARE
Akinbowale Isaac Adewumi
Author requests article critique
THE WEAPONS OF OUR WARFARE
2Corinthians 10:3-6; Ephesians 6:10-18
“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God, to the pulling down of strongholds, casting down imaginations, and every high things that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; and having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled” (2Corinthians 10:3-6)
The believer’s life is a pilgrimage full of series of daily battles. His decision to follow the Lord constantly attracts opposition and persecution. His consecration to fulfill the plan of God for his life and to do exploits for the Master exposes him to greater spiritual forces. Hence, the biblical injunction “Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might” (Ephesians 6:10).
Since we do not wrestle against flesh and blood but against principalities, powers, rulers of darkness of this world and wicked spirits in heavenly places. God has laid at our disposal a weapon mightier than any other weapons – the weapon of prayer.
1.The complimentary weapons of our warfare are:- Ephesians 6:13-17
The weapon of Salvation & Holy life: Romans 1:16; 1John 3:1-3; Luke 1:68-75 Matthew 5:8; 1Peter 3:13; 2Kings 20:1-6; Deuteronomy 3:5-6;
The weapon of God’s Word: Isaiah 34:16; Hebrews 4:12; Deuteronomy 8:3; Psalm 107:20; Ephesians 6:17
The weapon of personal witnessing for Christ: Micah 3:8; Acts 1:8; Mark 16:15-18
The weapon of Christ’s blood: Revelation 12:11; Exodus 12:22-23
The weapon of our personal word: James 3:1-3; Proverbs 18:21; Matthew 12:37; Matthew 18:18; Job 22:28; Revelation 12:11
The weapon of the name of the Lord Jesus Christ: Philippians 2:9-11; Colossians 3:17; 1Samuel 17:54-46; Proverbs 18:10
The weapon of praise & thanksgiving unto God: 1Peter 2:9; Isaiah 43:21; 2Chronicles 20:20-24; Acts 16:23-26
The weapon of prayer: James 5:17-18; Acts 12:5-12; Joshua 10:9-14.
The weapon of prayer coordinates all other weapons. Infact, prayer can be said to be the culture through which other weapons are fitly joined together for effective use. To win the battle, we must resist the devil, his messengers and also reject his offers and gifts.
Prayer, when properly and perfectly directed, has unlimited power. “Prayer moves the hands that move the whole world”, said a preacher. It can not be likened to any modern day weapon of war for they are not comparable.
The Saints of old knew the importance of this invincible weapon. Hence, through it they brought confusion into the enemy’s camp, shook the foundation of the earth and shattered the shackles of sin and sickness, Iron Gate got opened on their own accord and the course of nature got altered. Law and decrees have been reversed and divine wisdom lavished on godly men. Moreover, advancement has been brought to God’s kingdom.
The condition for profitable use of this weapon will not work for a sinner except he repents and turns to the Lord (Psalm 66:18). You must make Jesus your personal Lord and Saviour first before the use of these mightiest weapons.
It is therefore important for us as we discover the secret of these weapons to apply it in our day to day Christian lives to launch into deep spiritual experiences, solve personal problems, salvage doomed sinners, receive success doom God, excel in life career and establish righteousness in our own generation.
2. Faults that weakens the warfare weapons
As simple as prayer seems to be and as important as it is, not all prayers are answered by God. The determinant of a good prayer is therefore not the glowing language used to express our desires, but the spiritual state of the petitioner. As much as God delights in answering prayers, many things can hinders our prayers from being answered, among which are:
· Sin (Psalm 66:18; Isaiah 59:1-2; Proverbs 28:13)
· Neglect of mercy (Proverbs 21:13; Matthew 7:2; James 2:13-17)
· Disobedience and self-will (Proverbs 1:24-30; 1John 3:21-22)
· Being un thankful to God (1Thessalonians 5:18)
· Unforgiving spirit (Matthew 5:43-48; 6:12; 18:23-35; Luke 6:37)
· Doubts/lack of faith (Matthew 17:19-20; Hebrews 11:6; James 1:6-8)
· Wrong motives (James 4:3; Matthew 6:5-6; Psalm 139:23-24)
· Not praying according to God’s will (1John 5:14-15)
· Not waiting on God/Giving up too soon (Luke 18:1-8; Isaiah 40:31)
· Selfishness in prayer (Galatians 6:2;Job 42:10)
· Pride/self-conceit (Luke 18:10-12; Psalm 138:6)
· Improper dealing with one spouse (1Peter 3:1-7)
Beloved, take away whatever hindrance that may be in your life so that you can fully enjoyed the benefits of the immeasurable privilege. Repent of your sins and disobedience and give yourself fully to God and His word. Then you can be sure of the miraculous answers to all your prayers. “For then shalt thou have delight in the Almighty, and shall lift up thy face unto God. Thou shall make thy prayer unto Him, and He shall hear thee … Thou shall also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways” (Job 22:26-228)
3.Ingredients that strengthening the warfare weapons
The right type and mix of ingredients positively affect the taste of food. In the same manner, applying the right type of ingredients in our prayer life will ensure answers to prayers continually. The following Ingredients are indispensable for an effective prayer and enduring success.
· Forgiveness: Proverbs 28:13; Matthew 6:14-15; Mark 11 25-26; Ensure you obtain forgiveness for all your sins through confession and turning away from them. You must also forgive others as God has forgiven you so that your prayer will not be hindered.
· Faultlessness: Psalm 110:1-3; Philippians 2:15; 2Corinthians 7:1. This is living a holy, blameless and harmless life before God and follows peace with all men with pure motive always.
· Faith: Hebrews 11:6; Philippians 2:15; Mark 11:22-24. Without faith it is impossible to please God or get anything from Him. Faith is believing and standing on God’s promises concerning you, and having no alternative plan to the expected answer. Avoid worry and anxiety. Whatever your need may be, believe that you have it already as you pray. Never give up!
· Fervency: Deuteronomy 4:29; Luke 18:1; 1Thessalonians 5:17; Psalm 55:17. Pray fervently and consistently. Pray in the morning, noon and night. Be earnest in supplication until something happens.
· Faithfulness: Matthew 24: 45-47. Be faithful to God’s calling and service. Be faithful to pray according to the Bible Be faithful to promptly obey God’s word and will in all situations, and the Lord will reward you with answers to your prayers.
· Fairness: Isaiah 58:6; Matthew 7:12. Be sensitive to the problems and needs of others. Lend a helping hand and pray for them too.
· Fasting: Matthew 17:20-21; 1Corinthians 7:5. This is abstinence from food as a spiritual exercise. When scripturally observed, fasting adds potency to the weapons. Prayer brings the presence of God and releases His power into our lives and circumstances. A prayerful Christian is thus a powerful Christian. As you apply these ingredients to your life, you will always abound with testimonies of God’s blessings.
Akinbowale Isaac Adewumi
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR BELOW
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Reader Count & Comments
This article has been read
times < Previous |
Read more articles by
Akinbowale Isaac Adewumi
or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)
Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
FaithWriters offers Christian reading material for Christian readers. We offer Christian articles, Christian fiction, Christian non-fiction, Christian Bible studies, Christian poems, Christian articles for sale, free use Christian articles, Christian living articles, New Covenant Christian Bible Studies, Christian magazine articles and new Christian articles. We write for Jesus about God, the Bible, salvation, prayer and the word of God.
Link To Us
Become A Member