Return to Content
Read Our Devotional
Opportunities to be Published
The Home for Christian Writers! Matthew 6:33
ENCOURAGE AUTHOR BY COMMENTING
Add to Favorites
The Answer's the Same, Three Things
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
THE ANSWER IS THE SAME: THREE THINGS
Do you know the secret of living in prosperity? How about the secret of living in need? Would it surprise you to know the answer is the same for both?
LIVING IN PROSPERITY?
1. Be thankful! God always is good, and He gives good gifts to His children. God is Creator, He is also our Father, and provision and wealth belong to Him. We should have a thankful heart toward Him at all times.
2. Be generous! God loves a cheerful giver. If you have an abundance, be on the lookout for ways you can share and bless others.
3. Trust in God! Riches are uncertain, even deceitful – here today and gone tomorrow. It isn’t wisdom to put your faith and trust in earthly wealth. God owns the cattle on a thousand hills – so if He has allowed you to be steward over a few head of cows, keep your faith in Him, not the cows!
LIVING IN NEED?
1. Be thankful! Some things you can always be sure of – God loves you and He has redeemed you so that you will have a place with Him for all of eternity. How can we not be thankful at all times for that? We always have things to be thankful for if we will only look for them and consider that God is always with us.
2. Be generous! God sees the attitude of the heart, so if you have only a little but you still give cheerfully from that small amount to God – then He counts it as a great deal. He returns blessing based on what you have, not on what you don’t have, and what He sees in your heart about willingness to share.
3. Trust in God! Even when you are in need, trust Him that He will supply all that you need. He does own the cattle on a thousand hills – He’s richer than we can imagine. Don’t be filled with anxiety, be filled with faith. Give Him your requests – sometimes that is all He is waiting for. He has promised never to leave you nor forsake you, and He is more than able to meet your needs.
MORE READING [all scriptures NASB]:
Luke 21:2-4 And He saw a poor widow putting in two small copper coins. And He said, "Truly I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all of them; for they all out of their surplus put into the offering; but she out of her poverty put in all that she had to live on."
Proverbs 11:28 He who trusts in his riches will fall,
But the righteous will flourish like the green leaf.
Proverbs 23:4-5 Do not weary yourself to gain wealth,
Cease from your consideration of it.
When you set your eyes on it, it is gone.
For wealth certainly makes itself wings
Like an eagle that flies toward the heavens.
Philippians 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
Philippians 4:11-13 Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR BELOW
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Reader Count & Comments
Janice S Ramkissoon
23 Jun 2008
How simple! Indeed the answer is the same. And why wouldn't it be -- He created us all therefore He loves us all and that's why the same rule applies to all. well done for so clear for all to comprehend.
This article has been read
Read more articles by
or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)
Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
FaithWriters offers Christian reading material for Christian readers. We offer Christian articles, Christian fiction, Christian non-fiction, Christian Bible studies, Christian poems, Christian articles for sale, free use Christian articles, Christian living articles, New Covenant Christian Bible Studies, Christian magazine articles and new Christian articles. We write for Jesus about God, the Bible, salvation, prayer and the word of God.
Link To Us
Become A Member