Sabbath 7/20/19 Alfred Station Seventh Day Baptist Pastor Ken sermon “Be an Example of a Christian Believer” I Timothy 4:12
Do not let people discourage you because you are young or you are not being paid attention to. Don’t get upset…. but just know that you are okay. You are you and God loves you.
1) Be a Believer: This doesn’t mean we just stop at accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior. Being a believer means believing in Him and growing in Christ. You must believe to be a believer.
2) Be in Leadership: The laying on of hands on Timothy is like the anointing of the Holy Ghost on us. We have each been given a gift of the Spirit. We are to administer this gift in our local church and around in our community.
3) Have Youthfulness: Be young and active for the Lord. Youthfulness is relative. It all depends on who else is stacking up against you. In one setting you may be the youngest in age and in another setting you may be the oldest in age. Timothy was in his thirties when Paul wrote this letter to him.
****Be an Example of a Believer in Our:
1) Speech: Don’t lie, don’t take God’s name in vain and don’t gossip. Even in your prayers to God, don’t gossip!
2) Conduct: Have good conduct. Do all things to the glory of God in whatever we do.
3) Love: For God so loved the world.... We are to have love for others even if the love is not returned to us. God loves the world even though it doesn’t love Him.
4) Faith: Whatever we do, walk the walk of FAITH. Have faith with works. Believe that God will continue to do what he has started in us. Have FAITH in God and Jesus Christ.
5) Holiness/Purity/Sanctification: We are positioned in the blood of Jesus. We keep learning from the Word of God. We choose good over evil. Righteousness is imparted on us and we become holy under the blood of Jesus. We ARE believers in Jesus Christ the son of the ALMIGHTY GOD!!